Transitioning to a new server can be a challenge. Have you considered:
- Data Migration – is your data backed up? Is your backup current? How do you ensure that your server will have the latest version of all your documents and databases?
- Role – what duties will you place on this new server? Is it adequately equipped to support domain control? Will it be able to multitask and support other functions?
- Configuration – Do you need SQL? Do you have the correct settings for DNS/DHCP? Have you properly configured your RAID array? Does the processor meet the clock speed requirements for your applications? Do you have enough memory to support multiple processes? Is there sufficient storage space on your hard drives? Have you configured an OS partition? Does your new server support virtualization?
- Interoperability – Is your new server’s operating system supported by your 3rd party applications? Should you consider an earlier operating system?
- Security – Have you provisioned antivirus and malware protection? Who has access to your current server? Who will need access to this one?
Avoid downtime and data loss during the transition by having a well-defined action plan. At XS Applied Technologies, we take the time to plan your migration properly by answering all these questions before you invest. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right.
XS Applied Technologies is a proud partner and authorized integrator for Lenovo ThinkServer and System-X series servers, as well as Dell PowerEdge series servers. Our team maintains the most coveted certifications from Microsoft, Linux, and Apple. They must maintain current licensing and are required to continue in their education to further their knowledge and support our clients’ needs. In addition, we are network experts holding several certifications from Cisco, CompTIA, and other MIS/CIS certifications and degrees.
Remove the uncertainty from your next refresh. And if you’re investing in a server for the first time then make sure you’re getting the right advice from a licensed and experienced professional – not a telephone or chat-agent from some HP call center 10,000 miles away who received his certification in the cafeteria yesterday.
For more information or to schedule a no-cost evaluation, call XS at 732-807-4449 or email